About the Olympia-Wafula Foundation
Our vision is to promote healthy living solutions for differently able and disadvantaged people with special emphasis on education and advocacy to empower and enrich their lives through social inclusion. This will be achieved though an exchange of experiences and ideas.
To act as a resource for people with a disability living in Essex and beyond by providing advice and assistance, and organising programmes of physical education and other activities, (exchange programmes, support groups etc) as a means of:
- Advancing in life and helping people who are differently able by developing their skills and capabilities to enable them to participate in society as independent individuals.
- Advancing education.
- Relieving unemployment.
- Providing recreational and leisure time activity in the interests of social welfare for people living in the areas of benefit who have need by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disability, poverty or social and economic circumstances with a view to improving the conditions of life for such persons.
- Advance and promote the welfare of disabled people, their families and carers, agencies and other related institutions in the UK and abroad.
- Promote disability awareness among marginalised communities in developing countries through a variety of projects and the media.
- Promote sporting activities among disabled communities in the UK and abroad.
- Promote education among disabled communities through sponsorship and other programmes.
- Promote the interaction of disabled communities through exchange programmes and cross country events and activities.
- Set up self help projects within local communities for supporting people with disabilities and their families.
- Provide training to local communities on general disability awareness.
- Recruit and train local volunteers who will develop and implement local projects.
- Support other similar groups when and where required.
- Monitor and evaluate projects and services.
- Network with all agencies in general and particularly with those set to respond to the needs of those affected or at risk of various medical conditions.
- To do any other lawful thing that is necessary or desirable for the achievement of the objectives.
click here to find out more about how you can support us.